Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tagged

A buddy of mine has "tagged" me (jerk) to make a book list answering the following questions. So, here it is . . . Maybe I will tag some folks, too. . . Mwah, ha, ha, ha!

1. One book that changed your life:
Brennan Manning's The Ragamuffin Gospel

2. One book you've read more than once:
C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce

3. One book you'd want on a deserted island:
Dosteyvksy's The Brothers Karamozov

4. One book that made you laugh:
G.K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy

5. One book that made you cry (or feel really sad):
Jonothan Kozol's Amazing Grace

6. One book that you wish had been written:
Theodore Geisel's The Gospel According to Dr. Seuss

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
The Prayer of Jabez

8. One book you're currently reading:
Peter Scazzero's Emotionally Healthy Spirituality

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Frost & Hirsch's The Shaping of Things to Come

And now, people whom I am about to tag (by the way, I chose these people because they are some of the most thoughtful and diverse people I know, people who love books, and people who I would pick up a book on their recommendation alone):

Jenn Swift

Michael Harrington

Shane Tucker

Brandy Campbell

Dave Ward

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Ben,

I'll work on this. Thanks,

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jenn Swift said...

Crap, so... is this freeze tag? Like, how can I move until I write up my own book list... blast... ok... I gotta go get unfrozen. I'm adding a new rule though - a new category gets added by each new person...

Ones under consideration:
* Best children's book ever written... written? I mean read... that's quite haughty of me. Who do I think I'm keeping company with? (for all who apply, if you are a kingdom dreamer, you should be reading a children's book constantly... because children aren't afraid to dream and purple monster's dwell where the wild things grow and the Kingdom is all about things that aren't supposed to be correct reality)

* The book you think has done the most damage (purpose driven life... what? Did I say that. I need to spend 40 days resorting my thoughts)

* The most helpful _______________ for dummies book out there.

* Most helpful clift notes that have ever bailed you out.

* The book that you were hoping made you look the smartest.

* The book that haunted you in school (Mine was Pilgrims In Their Own Land by Martin Marty and it turns out I worked for his son, a Luteran pastor, here in the Quad Cities. I love that story)

* Book that you your parents had read while you were growing up.

* Book that youd hope your children could read growing up.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home